General Hindi :
अलंकार, रस, समास, पर्यायवाची, विलोम, तत्सम एवं तदभव, सन्धियां, वाक्यांशों के लिए शब्द निर्माण, लोकोक्तियाँ एवं मुहावरे, वाक्य संशोधन – लिंग, वचन, कारक, वर्तनी, त्रुटि से सम्बंधित अनेकार्थी शब्द।
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PAPER- I
1. Engineering Mechanics: Analysis of force systems, friction, cendtroid and centre of gravity, trusses and beams,
principle of virtual work, kinematics and kinetics of particle, kinematics and kinetics of rigid bodies.
2. Mechanism and Machines: Velocity and acceleration of links, cams and followers gears and gear trains clutches, belt drives, brakes and dynamometers, Flywheel and governors, balancing of rotating and reciprocating masses, balancing of multi cylinder engines, Free and forced vibration, damped vibration, whirling of shafts.
3. Mechanics of Solids: Stresses and strains, compound stresses strains, Torsion of circular shafts, stresses and deflections in beams unsymmetrical bending, curved beams, Thin and thick cylinders and spheres, Buckling of columns, Energy methods, helical and leaf springs.
4. Design of Machine Elements: Design for Static and dynamic loading, Theories of failure, fatigue principles of design of riveted, welded and bolted joints, shafts, springs, bearings, brakes, clutches and flywheels.
5. Engineering Materials: Crystal systems and crystallography, crystal imperfections, Alloys and phase diagrams, Heat treatment, ferrous and non-ferrous metals and alloys, Mechanical properties and testing.
6. Manufacturing: Metal casting, metal forming, metal joining, Mechanics of metal cutting, machining and machine tool operations, unconventional machining methods limits, fits and tolerances, inspection: Surface roughness, comparators, computer integrated manufacturing, Flexible manufacturing systems, jigs and fixtures
7. Industrial Engineering: Production, planning and control, inventory control and operation, research, CPM and PERT.
8.Mechatronics and Robotics: Microprocessors and microcontrollers, Architecture, Programming, Computer interfacing Programmable logic controller, sensors and actuators, Piezoelectric accelerometers, Hall effect sensors, optical encoder, resolver, Inductosyn, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Actuators, stepper motor, control system, mathematical modeling, control signals, controllability and observability, Robotics: Robot classification, robot specification. Notation: Direct and inverse kinematics homogeneous co-ordinates and arm equation of four axis SCARA Robot. ordinates and arm equation of four axix SCARA Robot.
: - On Current Events of National and International importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
: - In History emphasis should be on broad understanding social, economic and political aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
– Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World: - In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social &Economic Geography of India.
– Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc:- In Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
– Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc:- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Environment and Urbanisation.
General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization. General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
– Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
: - Candidate are expected to have general awareness about the above subjects with special reference to Uttar Pradesh.
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PAPER-II
1. Thermodynamics: Thermodynamic systems and processes, properties of pure substances, concepts and applications of zeroth, first and second law of thermodynamics, entropy, availability and irreversibility, detailed analysis of thermodynamic cycles, ideal and real gases, fuels and combustion.
2. Fluid Mechanics: Basic concepts and properties of fluids, manometry, fluid statics, buoyancy, equations of motion, Bernoulli's equation and applications, viscous flow of incompressible fluids, laminar and turbulent flows, flow through pipes and head losses in pipes, dimensional analysis, Forces on immersed bodies and boundary layer over a flat plate, isentropic and adiabatic flows, normal shock waves.
3. Heat Transfer: Modes of heat transfer, steady and unsteady heat conduction, thermocouple time constant, critical thickness of insulation, heat transfer from fins, momentum and energy equations for boundary layer flow on a flat plate. Free and forced convection, radiation heat transfer, Stefan-Boltzmann law, shape factor, black and grey body radiation heat exchange, boiling and condensation, heat exchanger analysis, LMTD and NTU – effectiveness methods.
4. Energy conversion: SI and CI engines, performance characteristics and testing of IC engines, combustion phenomena in SI and CI engines, carburetion and fuel injection systems, emissions and emission control. Reciprocating and rotary pumps, pelton wheel, Francis and Kaplan turbines, velocity diagrams impulse and reaction principles steam and gas turbines; Rankine and Brayton cycles with regeneration and reheat, high pressure boilers, draft, condensers. Unconventional power systems, including nuclear, MHD, biomass, wind and tidal systems, utilization of solar energy; Reciprocating and rotary compressors; theory and applications, Theory of propulsions, pulsejet and ramjet engines.
5. Environmental control: Vapour compression, vapour absorption, steam jet and air refrigeration systems, properties of refrigerant and their nomenclature, psychometrics properties and processes, psychrometic relations, use of pschrometic chart, load estimation, supply air conditions, sensible heat factors, air conditioning system layout, comfort chart, comfort and industrial air conditioning.